Also included in
- This packed, NGSS-aligned biology bundle contains resources that you’ll be reaching for all year long! Designed to support any year-long biology or life science curriculum, it’s full of engaging, no-prep projects and activities that promote creativity and develop critical thinking skills. I'm packin$115.00$156.05Save $41.05
Teaching Mendelian and non-Mendelian genetics and how to set up Punnett squares? This engaging bundle of 3 individual no prep, Google Classroom ready resources is designed to walk students through setting up Punnett squares, give them plenty of practice and ensure that they build conceptual understanding along the way.
The 3 student packets included are
★ Resource 1: Intro to Mendelian Genetics
★ Resource 2: Incomplete and Codominance (including ABO Blood Typing)
★ Resource 3: X-linked Traits (and X-inactivation)
There are a total of 30 pages for students with 30+ Punnett square problems and 30+ short answer questions. Check out the previews to get a feel for the problems & format!
✏️ This Google Classroom ready version contains PDFs as well as the Google Slides assignments (so that students may answer directly on the assignments for paperless submission). For a PDF-only version of this resource, click here.
More about what’s included...
- Resource 1: a 10-page student packet that walks students through basic Mendelian genetics concepts, vocabulary, and increasingly more challenging word problems. It includes a link to an online animated video, sample problems, and student practice problems.
- Resource 2: a 12-page student packet that walks students through incomplete and codominance (including blood typing) and increasingly more challenging word problems. It includes a link to an online animated video, sample problems, and student practice problems.
- Resource 3: an 8-page student packet that walks students through setting up and analyzing Punnett squares for X-linked traits. It also contains links to online animated videos about X-linked traits and X-inactivation.
- There are 3 copies of each resource that will be copied to your Google Drive: 2 PDFs (color and black and white for printing) and a Google Slides version that students can fill out digitally.
- Teacher keys for all resources are included (PDFs)
★ These resources work for both distance and in-class learning. It is perfect for students who are struggling (or missed class time and need some more scaffolded practice with genetics). It also works really well for flipped classrooms, sub lessons, or independent practice.
I like to break up my high school genetics content into these discrete packets. This helps me to differentiate instruction by letting students move ahead when they've mastered a particular concept. I can also quickly identify who is struggling.
★ Don't forget to check out this free dihybrid how-to packet and add it to your genetics resources! It is great to use as extra credit.
★ Also, here is my editable genetics project (it's ready to go and perfect for an end of the unit assessment).★
✏️ All of my genetics resources are a part of my Growing Bio Curriculum Bundle, a packed bundle full of engaging no-prep projects, resources and activities that promote creativity and critical thinking. Many are editable! I'm packing it with everything I wish I'd had my first few years teaching bio; I'm still adding to it... early-bird buyers will get all additions for free. ;)
Check it out here!
Have a question? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
✨ Check out my blog for free science teaching tips!
Related Resources & Projects
Enjoy! Want credit for future purchases? Don't forget to review products to get TpT cash for your next purchase (go to your purchases and click "review"). To get updates on products, sales, and of course, freebies, follow my store by clicking here.
I’m a science educator with a background in lab research, a passion for the classroom, and now, homeschooling my little scientists. Thanks for checking out my resources.
This resource was created for single classroom use only (as a teacher, you are free to use this for your classes). Multiple licenses are available at a discount. Please do not post this resource online (with the exception of password-protected platforms granting digital access only to your students). Thank you for respecting teacher authorship!
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Copyright 2021 by Brilliant Dust. All rights reserved by the author.