This worksheet requires student access to the Gene Screen app (Free) which contains 8 sections on various genetic topics.
The worksheet covers three topics: Introduction to Genes and Inheritance, Population Genetics (primarily dealing with the Founder's effect and mutations), and interactive Punnet squares.
Each topic listed here has its own worksheet (3 total) for students to complete as they are exploring the app.
Examples of the questions found on the response sheet:
1. All living things, including humans, are made up of cells. The human body has about ________________ cells.
2. What is contained in the nucleus of every cell?
3. How many chromosomes are inside the nucleus of every body cell? How are they arranged?
4. What is this structure?
5. A, T, C, and G are bases. The sequence of those bases makes up a genetic code. What does that genetic code determine?
6. Sometimes, a mutation (change) occurs to one or more bases in DNA. What can this change cause?
7. How many chromosomes does each sperm and egg cell have?___________
8. What is a zygote?