Genetics and Heredity Vocabulary Game Cards Activity for Science
Use this set of 32 differentiated science vocabulary game cards to review and reinforce terms related to genetics and heredity. The style of play for these cards is easy to understand and similar to Taboo. The cards can be used in many ways throughout your lessons; nine ideas for use are included. Each vocabulary card comes differentiated in four levels so you can quickly and easily adjust the difficulty for your students.
The 32 included vocabulary cards are genetics, heredity, trait, codominance, incomplete dominance, purebred, hybrid, Gregor Mendel, gene, allele, dominant, recessive, Punnett square, genotype, phenotype, homozygous, heterozygous, learned trait, inherited trait, chromosome, DNA, mutation, clone, offspring, double helix, geneticist, genome, haploid, diploid, zygote, X chromosome, and Y chromosome.
This resource includes the following:
- Game instructions, game information, and plenty of ideas for different ways you can use the cards with your students
- 32 vocabulary cards that each come in 4 differentiated levels so you can meet the needs of all of your students
- Blank cards teachers can print out for their students to write their own
You might also be interested in the following resources:
- Genetics and Heredity Stations: Middle school students love stations, and this set is perfect for your genetics unit!
- Genetics Coloring Worksheet Bundle: Genetic units are SO vocabulary heavy. These fun coloring worksheets will give your students practice remembering and understanding different terms.
- Genetics Boom Deck Bundle: Digital task cards a a great way to practice, assess, and review concepts. This bundle of Boom Cards will make a great addition to your genetics unit!
Take a look at the many other genetics resources and game card sets in my store.
***Look for the green star near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower. As a follower of my store you will be notified when I upload a new resource.