Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Genetics flash card PowerPoint + free bonus literacy in Science bundle of 18 informative and fun articles with questions, along with 30 Famous Scientists posters a wall display of 30 scientists, each on A4 with a picture, synopsis of life, fun and thought provoking quotes.
I like to use this 3 weeks prior to a test, I give the students 30s to answer each question, then reveal the answer, then move onto the next, really fast paced. After the students have identified areas that they need to concentrate on, and prepare more.
You can issue the whole ppt to your students for home revision.
You can use it in test prep lessons.
You can use it whole in test prep lessons or copy and past sections as starters or exit tickets
However you use it, it will help your students embed facts that are covered in this unit.
Literacy in Science
Each text is written in an informal manor, describing in detail the science behind the title, followed by 3 – 4 questions from which the pupil has to dissect the answers from the text or formulate their own ideas.
Each article and set of questions is 2 sides of A4 in length.
1. A child of the Stars – where were you made?
2. Are we being watched – the difficulties of searching for alien life.
3. Bernadette the deadly yellow boxfish – she’s beautiful but evolution has packed a deadly punch, let Bernie tell you all.
4. Earthquakes and your fingernails – how do they happen and why are they like your fingernails?
5. Mass and Weight – what’s gravity got to do with it!
6. Nuclear Power part 1 – how we get electricity from the atom.
7. Nuclear Power part 2 – Time line of an explosion, and nuclear meltdown.
8. Red shift, The Doppler Effect and the Expanding Universe.
9. Samantha the red serpent star, let Sam describe her amazing biology to you.
10. SAR 11 – So just what is the most important life in the ocean?
11. Sir Isaac Newton, William Hershel and fluorescent corals – Ok just what have these in common.
12. So what is electricity – let your students ‘go with the flow’!
13. Sid the Sponge – Don’t take a bath with me, allow Sid to describe himself.
14. That old bar magnet called earth – magnets, solar wind and dead planets.
15. The Blue Dragon
17. The empty sea, a sad but true tale.
18. The immortal jellyfish
Wall display of 30 scientists, each on A4 with a picture, synopsis of life, fun and thought provoking quotes.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Alexander Graham Bell
George Washington Carver
Leonardo da Vinci
Why I am providing so many resources free of charge? I would like to build up my review rating, so please review this product. Thanks