This 25 page download is a complete kit with black line masters and photo directions for making a Genius Hour lapbook with your students. Use it to guide your students through the stages of a Genius Hour project, from planning to research, proposal, learning log, and reflection. Also included is an informational passage for students (and/or parents) about the origins of Genius Hour and how it is used in classrooms today.
This lapbook kit contains the following interactive parts:
1. Lapbook cover
2. "What is Genius Hour?" 1-page informational passage
3. What are your passions (brainstorming list with "passion" definition)
4. Thin and Thick questions interlocking piece (compares simple vs. complex questions in preparation for writing a complex Genius Hour question)
5. "My Question" flap
6. "Traits of a Working Genius" t-fold (focus, flexibility, perseverance, responsible)
7. Research pocket with cards to record information and sources
8. Project Proposal tab book (project description, rationale, materials, plan, presentation)
9. Learning Log (date, description of work, rate your effort/attitude)
10. Reflection tab book (results, afterthoughts, teacher feedback)
Lapbooks are an excellent way to keep students motivated and engaged in their learning. It is a nice way to keep everything in one place instead of sending home lots of loose papers.
Are you unsure about lapbooks? Watch this YouTube video
to find out why I love lapbooks and how I use them in my own classroom.
Thank you for considering my Genius Hour Lapbook Interactive Kit.
If you like interactive kits, you may also want to check out:
Electricity Lapbook Interactive Kit
Figurative Language Envelope Book Kit
Endangered Animals Lapbook Interactive Kit
Geography Lapbook Interactive Kit
Economics Bag Book/ Interactive Notebook Kit
Measurement Lapbook Interactive Kit: Customary & Metric
Multiplication Lapbook: Concepts and Fact Fluency
Civics & Government Envelope Book Kit
Early Finishers: Free Time File
Geometry Lapbook Interactive Kit
Chrissie Rissmiller :-)