Are you looking to do Genius Hour in elementary? This packet has all of the teaching materials, students worksheets and parent letters to make sure that your Genius Hour is a positive experience in second, third, or fourth grade.
Genius Hour in the lower grades can be a lot of work if you are unprepared, but this packet makes it simple!
Here is what's included!
- What is Genius Hour?
- Creating a Genius Hour project in lower elementary
- Genius Hour project examples
- Sample Genius Hour daily breakdown
- Suggested Timeline (week by week)
- Presentation Day Timeline (NEW!)
- Tip: Sample presentation from the teacher
- Rubric 1 (fully completed)
- Rubric 2 (partially completed)
For Students and Families
- Parent Letter 1 (completed)
- The Genius Hour Plan (2 pages)
- My Genius Hour Questions (NEW - help your students stay focused and engaged during presentations).
- My Genius Hour Research
- Genius Hour Weekly Log 1
- Genius Hour Weekly Log 2
- Colorful bulletin board bunting
- Black and White bulletin board bunting
Editable versions of the parent letter and final rubric available as pptx documents. (Please make sure that you have PowerPoint to access and edit this "editable" portion of the packet).