Genre Sort and Search Flip Book Lesson and Activities for Fiction and Non-Fiction
Included in this package are the following genre activities…
• 1 fiction sort and search flip book with genre labels…16 genres
• 1 non-fiction sort and search flip book with genre labels…15 genres
• 4 foldables that define fiction, nonfiction, text features found in fiction, and text features found in non-fiction for an interactive notebook
• Text Features Match Up activity which could also be added to an interactive notebook…27 text features of fiction and nonfiction
• Text Features Venn Diagram activity
• Genre assessment and answer sheet
• My teacher notes
This genre unit really opened my student’s eyes to various types of text and what they have to offer. They had an opportunity to explore books that they normally did not look at. I even had students choosing different books to read immediately following the search activities. These activities take time, but are so worth it when students ask for certain types of books to read. I hope you find it useful and it benefits your students.
(©NLarocca2014) This is for single classroom use only. If you intend to share please purchase a multiple license. Thanks!