Identifying the different genres is an important skill for students to develop. This Genre Pack has everything you need to use with students in the classroom or in the library.
Games and Activities
Genre Sort and Match
• Directions for Genre Match activity
• Directions for Genre Sort activity
• 13 genre definitions (4 definitions on card)
• 13 genre words (4 words on each card) (autobiography,
biography, fable, fairy tales, fantasy, historical fiction,
informational, legend/tall tales, mystery, myths, poetry, and
realistic fiction, science fiction
• 84 book summary cards with book covers pictures
• Other uses for signs: label book bins or print out for students
to hold up as you read out the book description from one of
the 84 summary cards.
• Directions for Scoot game (3 different versions)
• 13 small genre cards (9 to a page)
• Table signs (1-6)
• Genre sheet to record the identifications of different genres
• Use 84 book summary cards for games or real books
I Have Who Has
• Directions for I Have Who Has game (2 different ways to play)
• 13 I Have, Who Has cards
13 Mini genre signs withe definitions (2 to a page).
• Wordle example
• Wordle note sheet to record words to type
• Directions to give to students for completing a Wordle. There
are multiple ways to save a Wordle and 4 different options are
included. The options are on their own sheet so that you can
select the one that will work best for your students to copy on
the back of the directions sheet.