Use these easy to read and visually appealing genre word wall posters in your classroom to support your students in becoming strong readers and understanding genres. Included is a total of 20 posters with student friendly definitions, supporting visuals, and genre characteristics. Also included is a 40-book challenge bookmark to enable your students to track their reading throughout the school year and encourage them to read a variety of genres. Below is what is included. If you would like another genre included, or have other suggestions please contact me.
· Fairy Tale
· Traditional Literature
· Historical Fiction
· Realistic Fiction
· Science Fiction
· Tall Tales
40 book challenge bookmark:
- Four versions of a 40-book challenge
- Two are a trifold that can be used as a bookmark and a tracker of books students
- One version is a simple list that students can check off
- Version two includes the check off and a space to write what book they read
- 40 Book challenge glue together list that can be glued into a notebook.
- Two challenges that can go into a three pronged folder. One that offers a space for
students to put a rating of a book and the other has the ratings, as well as must-reads
to encourage students to read a variety of texts.