This 147 page pack has 26 different genre posters in color and black and white. There are activity pages that helps students understand what the different genres are that can be used with any book. You will also find sorting activities, tally chart activities to keep track of all the different genres read individually or as a class. There are also editable page to type in your own wording or questions.
26 Genre Posters in Color and Black and White:
• graphic novels
• historical fiction
• picture books
• realistic fiction
• science fiction
• short story
Activity Pages Include:
• Genre Detective (generic, can be used with any book)
• Exploring Genres (generic, can be used with any book)
• Sailing Through Genres (generic, can be used with any book)
• Judge a Book By It's Cover (looking at a book title and writing the genre)
• Fiction and Nonfiction sort
• Name That Genre page (filling in the blank)
• The Great Genre Challenge (reading books from many different genres)
• Our Classroom Genre Chart (tally for all the different genres read)
• My Genre Chart (personal tally chart for all the genres read)
• genre shorting sheets
• Reader Response Sheets for each genre (answering questions about the book read in that genre)
• Genre Definition match game
• Genre Example match game
All Create-abilities resources are designed with ease-of-use in mind. Don’t have a color printer? No problem. Pages that do not render well in black-and-white have black-and-white copies included. Be classroom-ready with a quick print.
Check out my preview for a closer look at this product!
Feedback is greatly appreciated!!
★★★★You Might Also Like
●Guided Reading Mega Bundle Upper Elementary Mega Pack: 3rd-6th Grade
●Word Attack Strategies Poster and Card Set
●Reading Comprehension Strategies Posters
●Reading Comprehension Questions for Literature and Informational Text EDITABLE