PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This super fun activity is great for an assessment at the end of the semester or to finish out the school year. Students love this little change up because it lets them be creative. Students take a famous movie everyone knows, change the genre, and make a 10 - 15 minute movie.
This movie activity has 3 parts if you choose to include all: A movie trailer, a movie poster, and the final movie. Many activities can be completed on a sub day. This project allows students to be creative and have control over showcasing what they know and can do.
I use this assignment as an end of the year final exam for a level 3 and 4 language class.
In this activity packet, you will find:
1. What is a genre shifting Movie? explanation sheet
2. The student expectation sheet
3. The teacher checklist
4. The student checklist
5. The rubrics - for the movie, poster and movie trailer
6. The student movie selection sheet
7. The storyboard template
8. A calendar for important dates and planning
9. Student job cards with descriptions
10. Movie poster student expectations
11. Movie trailer student This movie expectations