Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
This bundle contains multiple resources for teaching your students about 14 of the most common literary genres. Students will be introduced to the various genres, and then have many opportunities to identify the genre of a literary piece or description. It includes a variety of unique and engaging activities, including a craftivity, a PowerPoint, games, worksheets, and an assessment.
- 40-slide interactive PowerPoint that includes a companion handout (You have my permission to convert this to Google Slides, if you wish. Also, the companion handout includes both a printable version and a Google Slides version.)
- craftivity (one version for 2nd-3rd grade students and one version for 4th-5th grade students) ***You get to choose whether to use the printable version or the digital version!
- Concentration game
- Genres Identification Activity (featuring pizza!) ***You get to choose whether to use the printable version or the digital version!
- "I have... Who has..." Game (You get to choose whether to use the printable format that is played with an entire class or the Google Slides format that can be played individually or with a partner.)
- 29-item assessment ***You get to choose whether to use the printable version or the Google Slides version!
As an added bonus, I created 5 days of LESSON PLANS that outline how and when I use each of the included resources! You don't have to follow the lesson plan format I provide, of course, but it might be helpful in providing a bit of direction for you.
I recommend starting with the PowerPoint (which contains a companion handout for students to write on), because it introduces students to the various genres in a logical and systematic way.
After completing the PowerPoint, your students can advance through the remaining resources, which includes games, worksheets, and a craftivity. An assessment is included for when you're ready to conclude your genre study.
Genres included are:
**Please note: the PowerPoint cannot be edited due to the copyright requirements made by the contributing artists (clip art, font, backgrounds).
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
The resources in this bundle are to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting these items (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!