You know how tedious it is to work through the new standards and correlate them with what you’re already doing? This summer, I figured it all out for you! I made the template so you can easily plug in what you’re already doing with your own unit and have the standards mapped out for you for each unit. This will save you hours of work as it already has for my team! I organized it logically with the information you need for teaching at the beginning of the document and the information that is mostly for your administrator toward the bottom of the document. I used Microsoft Word for this document.
This is the lesson plan template I made to correlate with Arkansas standards for my unit on “Genres and Personal Response to Music.”
In this group of lesson plans, I have included:
• My learning objectives, ready for you to use if you’d like (easily edited to fit what you need);
• Several songs/pieces and their assigned genre that I use in class. Some are from textbooks, while others are from random resources (while you may or may not be able to find the exact song I use, they will at least help you think about your own songs that might work within a specific genre);
• A list of genres that I teach in each grade, along with underlined state-mandated genres;
• A place for you to add your name, date taught, week of instruction, your schedule of learning activities, the materials needed, your essential questions and bloom’s level, and your observations/reflections;
• A list of grade-appropriate vocabulary for all concepts taught,
• MOST IMPORTANTLY – a list of standards that you will meet by teaching this unit, already figured out for you by grade
Use these lesson plans to turn into your principal. Thanks for your interest! I have several other products, including free items, so please check out my store!
You may also like:
Beethoven Trivia Game
Music Detective Game Bundle
Music Detective Case 1: Case of the Missing Manuscript
Discovering BAG - Recorder Game
Music Concepts Checksheet K-4
Connect with Meg’s Music Room!
TpT - Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” button next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales! Meg's Music Room Store
Blog - stay tuned! It will be found at megsmusicroom.com soon!
Facebook - Meg's Music Room Facebook Page
Copyright © Megan Heikkila. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements in this product are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use only.