PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This lapbook covers several major Geometry concepts taught in grades K-9 (circles, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, coordinate graphs, polygons, 3-d shapes, etc.); use this to introduce concepts and lay a foundation for understanding Geometry in a visual, concrete way through hands-on activities and opportunities to explore and create fundamental mathematical principles. Other concepts addressed in any grade level curriculum can easily be understood within the framework presented in this Geoboard Geometry unit.
For a full description with images and a link to a preview video, see my blog post here: Geometry Activities lapbook
This lapbook covers the following concepts:
* Hands-on geometry activities creating shapes on a geobard
* Angles, lines, and intersections
* Circles (including degrees in a circle)
* Triangles (categorized by sides and angles)
* Quadrilaterals (including definitions and diagrams)
* Flowchart diagrams to show how different types of 3 and 4 sided shapes relate to each other
* Coordinate Geometry
* Names of polygons (from 3-10 sides)
* 0, 1, 2, and 3-d objects (including explanations of each dimension)
* Flashcards and review activities for vocabulary terms (organized by category)
Each activity in this lapbook is designed with 2 or 3 levels of differentiation so that you can use this with students at any level. You can print off different versions of each activity for students within the same classroom so that everyone is creating the same lapbook but doing the activities according to a level of difficulty that is best for them
… OR …
you can print out just the completed versions (answer keys) of each activity to create a reference guide for note-taking purposes, as a stand-alone resource in a geoboard math center, or to give to students who were absent in class.
You may also be interested in: