This product, by It’s Not Rocket Science,
you need to teach the geochemical cycles (nutrient cycles.) Students will take notes and complete supplemental activities for each of the three main geochemical cycles: water, carbon and nitrogen. After covering the content, students will be assessed on their knowledge in the form of a quiz. The notes are provided in an editable PowerPoint format and the quiz comes in two levels – honors and College Prep – in order to best meet the needs of your classroom.
Why should I use this product in my classroom?
The geochemical cycles aren’t hard for students to understand, but they are easy to get confused. I love this product because each cycle has a memorable activity to go with it to help students organize the content in their minds more effectively as they learn. The activities are also extremely easy to implement and give the students an opportunity to be creative – which I always love! This product also has everything you need to teach this topic – so it is no prep for you!
What is included?
• 5 pages of teacher implementation notes
• 3 pages of student handouts
• 12 pages of stations to cut and post around room for nitrogen cycle activity
• 2 quizzes – 1 for honors level and 1 for College Prep level class
• Answer key for quizzes
• 22 slide PowerPoint presentation for notes
• Sample student work
Is this aligned to Next Generation Science Standards?
Yes!! All of my products align with NGSS. This product specifically aligns with:
• HS-LS1-6. Construct and revise an explanation based on evidence for how carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen from sugar molecules may combine with other elements to form amino acids and/or other large carbon-based molecules.
• HS-LS2-4. Use mathematical representations to support claims for the cycling of matter and flow of energy among organisms in an ecosystem.
• HS-LS2-5. Develop a model to illustrate the role of photosynthesis and cellular respiration in the cycling of carbon among the biosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere, and geosphere.
What if I want more?
This product is part of my Ecology Unit bundle. Be sure to check it out by clicking here!
Looking for other ecology resources?
Check out some of my favorites by clicking below!
• Ecosystem in a Bottle: An inquiry-based ecological investigation
• Human Impact Project: An investigation of carbon footprints
• Prime Time Ecology: An entire unit of bell ringers, exit slips, or daily quizzes
• Ecology Vocabulary Review Game
What if I have a question?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to answer any questions you have!
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, and freebies?
**Follow Me** by clicking the green star by my store name. I add a new product every week so this is the best way to keep up with what’s happening at It’s Not Rocket Science!
• Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
• Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at 50% off by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
• Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not...
• Upload this product to any website or server – even one for your classroom.
• Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.