This geography bundled unit was created to cover the following mapping skills: aerial view, relative location, and absolute location. The links to the individual listings, are found at the end of the description.
1. Word Wall Posters
a. Aerial View, Relative Location, & Absolute location posters that include definition and visual examples.
2. Aerial View Picture Sorting Activity
a. Aerial/Not Aerial view sorting mat
b. 12 Aerial/Not Aerial view pictures
3. Classroom Aerial View Activity
a. Mock classroom aerial view map activity
b. Mock classroom aerial view map key
4. Create your own Aerial View Classroom Map and Key
a. Template for Map and Key
5. Welcome to the Zoo! Relative Location Activity and Teacher Call Out Sheet
6. Welcome to the Zoo! Relative Location Worksheet
7. I Spy Relative Location Game
8. Relative Location in our Classroom Activity
9. How To Write Your Address Absolute Location Activity
10. Letter Home Absolute Location Writing Activity
11. Relative or Absolute Location Cut and Paste Activity
The following standards are addressed in this unit:
Social Studies (C3 standard)
G1 The World in Spatial Terms Use geographic representations to acquire, process, and report information from a spatial perspective.
1 – G1.0.1 Construct simple maps of the classroom to demonstrate aerial perspective.
1 – G1.0.2 Describe places using absolute location (e.g., home address) or relative location (e.g., left, right, front, back, next to, near).
29 pages total in this unit: 24 are for student use, and 5 are teacher instruction/Credit pages
To view the individual listings for these products...
Aerial View, Click Here!
Relative and Absolute Location, Click Here!