This grade 9 mapping unit can be used for a grade 8 gifted class and/or grade 9 geography course. The course materials that are covered in this unit includes:
- A Canada Map Assignment
- A World Map Assignment
- Lesson on three map scales - verbal, line, ration
- Activities on three map scales - verbal, line, ratio
- Lesson on Map Grids - Alphanumeric Grids, Military Grids, and Latitude and Longitude
- Activities on Alphanumeric Grids, Military Grids, and Latitude and Longitude
- Activity (or scavenger hunt) on latitude and longitude search (brief review before assignment is included)
- Latitude and Longitude Quiz
- Mapping Skills Test (2 Tests - to switch up in case of an absent student)
I suggest you use a Pearson Atlas to have students complete these assignments - they work really well. Page numbers are provided if you use the Pearson Atlas however, any will do!
Takes about 2 weeks!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
•Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
•Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.