Looking for a no prep
resource for teaching Human Environment Interaction
or the Five Themes of Geography?
Hoping to apply your lessons on the 5 Themes of Geography
to real life!
This is the real life application lesson you need!
This is the handout directions and grading rubric for a research and writing project on the geography theme of human/environment interaction
Students must research and pick issues they feel are of importance in their own community and write a letter to the editor on the chosen topics.
As a bonus encouragement to the assignment, I pick the best letters from each of my classes to be sent to the local newspaper editor and the letters have been printed in the Sunday paper!
Or add in a Tech component by allowing students to write and send or post letters to representatives or local environmental agencies.
• Geography Introduction Complete Unit
• Geography Five Themes Powerpoint Lecture Notes with Activities
• Geography Basics Review Games Centers Activities & Wrap-up
• Geography And History Overview Powerpoint Lecture Notes
• Geography & Culture Introduction to Culture Powerpoint
• Geography Introduction Terms Bingo Game - Vocabulary
• Geography Map Types and Purposes Powerpoint Lecture
• Geography Skills Review Centers Activity
• Basic Geography Task Card Scavenger Hunt Review Card Centers Activity Set
• Cartography Making A Map Geography Project
• Where do goods come from? Geography Mapping & Bulletin Board Activity
• World Geography Complete Course - All World Regions & Geo Introduction