- Your students will learn about geography and basic map skills in this complete unit including an informational text you can use either in place of or in addition to your textbook. This is a complete unit with informational text, anticipation guide with questions to guide their reading, a study guide
- Your students will learn about geography and basic map skills in this unit that includes an informational text and a unit test. Now you can take your learning digital using your Google Drive! This unit includes digital options only. It includes a digital version of the student text with the reading
- Everything ELSE you need for third grade social studies curriculum in one giant bundle! This mega bundle contains all of my newer social studies materials that were created after the materials in the original MegaBundle. This bundle has 2 complete units and 10 lapbooks for social studies! ✭Save big$48.00$33.60Save $14.40
- Everything you need for your social studies curriculum in one ultimate super bundle! This Ultimate bundle contains ALL third-grade social studies materials that I've created. You get all of my social studies products in one place! This bundle has 12 complete units and 12 lapbooks for social studies$164.50$115.15Save $49.35
- Make teaching social studies easier and engage your students! Your students will learn about geography and basic map skills, economics, and government in these three complete units--with both print and digital options--including an informational text you can use either in place of or in addition to$46.50$37.20Save $9.30
- Bundle Description
Your students will learn about geography and basic map skills in this complete unit--with both print and digital options--including an informational text you can use either in place of or in addition to your textbook. You can use the printable versions, go completely paperless, or use a combination of both!
This Geography Map Skills Unit includes an 8-page informational text. This complex text will provide your students with information about the purpose of geography, continents and oceans, the differences between maps and globes, parts of a map, and types of maps.
This is a complete unit with informational text, anticipation guide with questions to guide their reading, a study guide, a unit test, and pieces for an interactive notebook or lapbook. It also includes a digital version of the student text with the reading questions that the students can complete online using Google Slides. The unit test comes in a printable version and in a Google Forms version that is graded automatically.
The text will provide your students with a complex, rigorous text and an anticipation guide and reading questions. Before reading each section, students complete the anticipation guide to activate background knowledge. After reading, they check the anticipation guide and answer the reading questions. If you are teaching social studies without a textbook, you need this unit! If you are integrating social studies into your ELA reading block, you need this unit!
As your students read and learn about geography, this Geography Map Skills Unit gives your students two different options to show and practice what they have learned. They can complete 12 different foldable pieces to make a lapbook about geography, or use the pieces in their interactive social studies notebook. These pieces are great for formative assessment as you work through the unit.
Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
SS.3.A.1.3 Define terms related to the social sciences.
SS.3.G.1.1 Use thematic maps, tables, charts, graphs, and photos to analyze geographic information.
SS.3.G.1.2 Review basic map elements (coordinate grid, cardinal and intermediate directions, title, compass rose, scale, key/legend with symbols) .
SS.3.G.1.3 Label the continents and oceans on a world map.
SS.3.G.1.4 Name and identify the purpose of maps (physical, political, elevation, population).
SS.3.G.1.5 Compare maps and globes to develop an understanding of the concept of distortion.
SS.3.G.1.6 Use maps to identify different types of scale to measure distances between two places.
National Geography Standards
NSS-G.K-12.1 THE WORLD IN SPATIAL TERMS
Understand how to use maps and other geographic representations, tools, and technologies to acquire, process, and report information from a spatial perspective.
Understand how to use mental maps to organize information about people, places, and environments in a spatial context.
Understand how to analyze the spatial organization of people, places, and environments on Earth's surface.
NSS-G.K-12.2 PLACES AND REGIONS
Understand the physical and human characteristics of places.
You may also be interested in these other resources:
$$ Buy a bundle and save! $$