This resource is perfect for learning about places around us. It is a great introduction to Geography for the younger students.
It explores the Geography Unit - Places have distinctive Features for Year 1.
The key inquiry questions are:
* What are the different features of places?
* How can we care for places?
The content descriptor:
The natural, managed and constructed features of places, their location, how they change and how they can be cared for.
This set includes the following activities and resources:
1. Natural, Managed and Constructed Places posters
2. 24 Places picture sorting cards
3. Features of Places Match - Four features for each place - 7 different
4. Yes/No Places game
5. Cut and sort places into Natural/Managed/Constructed
6. My places foldable write and draw flaps
7. Venn Diagram comparing places blank - school and home
8. Describing places uses our senses
9. Cut and sort Features for Natural/Managed places
10. Cut and sort features for Natural/Managed/Constructed places
11. Word Wall - Adjectives to describe places
12. Caring for places – Posters
13. Caring for our school worksheet
14. Who cares for places matching cards
15. Changes to places – compare 2 places includes example
16. Changes to our school worksheet
17. Changes to our school interview questions
Thank you for checking out my product. I hope it is what you are looking for. Feel free to check out some of my other products.
Some helpful hints when using TpT:
1. Follow people whose products you like. You can follow someone by clicking on the star button on the top right section of the store. You will then get a notification of any new products and any sales.
2. You can earn TpT credits by simply leaving feedback about a product. These credits work like money and you can then claim them when you make a purchase. So you get a discount and even free products.
So if you like what you see, please follow me and don’t forget to leave some feedback. That would make my day. ☺