The following common core based lesson/worksheet introduces students to the 5 themes of geography as a tool for understanding our world. This worksheet includes a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote critical thinking and class discussion.
Topics covered in this worksheet include:
• The five themes of geography – location, place, human-environment interaction, movement, and regions.
• Absolute and relative location
• Latitude and longitude
• Various landforms and their impact on humans
• Human adaptation to their environment
Several activities in this lesson include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Latitude and longitude mapping activity
• Several secondary source readings
• Landforms: Positive or Negative group activity
• Nearly 15 fact-based and critical thinking questions
• An enormous amount of discussion opportunities
• NEW: HW assignment on Regions with questions
This worksheet is a Word document so feel free to change it however you would like. Please follow me to receive updates on newly uploaded products. Please take a moment to rate this worksheet. It is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
I also offer this lesson bundled with three others from the Foundations of Global History unit...
Bundle #1 - Foundations of Global/World History Common Core