: How do the five themes of geography help us to better understand our world?
- Common core compliant worksheet that introduces students to the five themes of geography as a tool for understanding our world.
- Includes a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote critical thinking and class discussion.
- Topics covered in this worksheet include:
- The five themes of geography – location, place, human-environment interaction, movement, and regions.
- Absolute and relative location
- Latitude and longitude
- Various landforms and their impact on humans
- Human adaptation to their environment
- Several activities in this lesson include:
- Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
- Latitude and longitude mapping activity
- Several secondary source readings
- Landforms: Positive or Negative group activity
- Nearly 15 fact-based and critical thinking questions leading to an enormous amount of discussion opportunities!
- HW assignment on Regions with questions
- Geography Skills - The Five Themes of Geography worksheet Word doc (for easy modification)
- Geography Skills - The Five Themes of Geography PDF (to maintain formatting)
- Geography Skills - The Five Themes of Geography Answer Key
- HW Assignment - Regions in a World "Getting Smaller" Word doc (for easy modification)
- HW Assignment - Regions in a World "Getting Smaller" Answer Key
Please read the listing carefully so you are confident in what you are buying. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Please follow my store by clicking the link below.
Click here to follow
If you decide to purchase this or any other product, please take a moment to leave feedback. Thank you so much!
I also offer this lesson bundled with three others from the Foundations of Global History unit...
Bundle #1 - Foundations of Global/World History Common Core