Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.71 MB | 5 pages
It is important that our student have fun as they are learning! Implement this group cooperating activity as a means of teaching your students the cultural, geographical, governmental and economics of South America. This scavenger hunt has a twist as it is not only a hunt, but also a game all in one. This lesson can be modified to only be used as a scavenger hunt if needed.
The goal of the game is to earn the most points without answering the same questions twice. Students will take turns rolling die to determine which question they will attempt to answer. They will be given 60 seconds and resources to help in determining the answer if they do not already know it. Students will have a blast! Before you know it, class will be over and they will have gained/reviewed a wealth of knowledge.
This Lesson May Be Used For the Following:
• Introductory Activity
• Assessment Preparation
• End-of-Unit Review
• Before-a-Holiday Activity
This lesson Includes:
• South America Double-Die Board Game Reproducible (36 questions)
• Zip File Includes the Original Word Document of the Game Board for Teacher Question Modification
• Included in the Zip File is a PDF of the Full Version of the Lesson.
• Answer Sheet Reproducible
• Game Instructions (May be reproduced for groups if needed)
• Teacher Instructions and Preparation
• Suggestions for Purchasing Affordable Sand Timers.
Requirements and Tools:
• 1-minute hourglass for each team. If not available, make sure each team has someone with a stop watch or other means of timing.
• 1 Set of Dice Per Group
Permissions are given to the purchaser to made modifications to the game board using the Word document provided in the zip fie. No other modifications may be made to this document.
When do I post new products? Throw sales? Be the first to know:
• Click the green star next to my picture to become my newest follower.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go under “My TPT”, and Click on “My Purchases”. Then, click the provide feedback button next to your purchase. Every time you leave feedback on a purchase, TPT gives you credits that you can use to save money on future purchases. I value your feedback as it helps me determine what types of new products I should create for you and other buyers.