This is a huge unit with 5 presentations and 3 student worksheets.
The unit covers:
- What is a map?
- Cardinal directions(north, south, east, west)
- Equator, north pole, south pole
- 7 continents
- size order
- 5 oceans
The 3 student workbooks include activities for all topics above such as:
- cut and paste names onto maps
- writing and identifying names of continents and oceans
- categorizing (e.g. maps vs. globes)
- temperature gradation of the earth in relation to the equator
- locating the poles, continents, oceans and equator
- following directions based on direction (north, south, east, west)
- and much more!
This is a huge unit that is appropriate for many ages and levels. I have differentiated instruction and activities by providing cut and paste activities for student who have OT challenges and struggle with writing, I have also color coded many key vocabulary words, pictures and slides to assist with organization and learning.