Geography Vocabulary Doodle Vocabulary for the 5 Themes of Geography - 50 words!
What educators are saying
This Doodle Vocabulary resource will introduce your students to 50 words associated with geography. Students will not only learn the new vocabulary words associated with the 5 Themes of Geography, they’ll also showcase their learning with doodles!
You can use this resource in a variety of ways! You might:
- Create a single packet filled with the doodle vocabulary pages that students can reference all year long.
- Select specific pages that relate to particular units that students are studying and highlight words.
- Teach all the words at once as in introduction to geography.
- Have students add definitions to their doodle vocabulary all year long.
Everything that you’ll need to use this set of Doodle Vocabulary is included in this resource! You’ll find:
- Instructional tips and tricks for teachers
- A Doodle Vocabulary cover page (This is great if students will be creating a vocabulary packet.)
- Vocabulary Mini-Quizzes (6 different quizzes to test students’ learning.)
- Vocabulary Test for all words
- Teacher Keys (vocabulary, quizzes, and test)
There are two versions of the Geography Doodle Vocabulary pages included. This way, you can find the set that works best for your class or for individual students.
- – In this version, students will complete the words’ definitions by filling in some notes on the lines provided.
- – In this version, students will need to write out the entire definition for each word.
The words included cover the 5 Themes of Geography. The words are organized under each theme of geography. This makes it easy to break up the words into meaningful chunks.
- When students doodle or create sketches of something, they’re activating different parts of their brains.
- This helps students to make connections.
- Simple sketches or doodles are also powerful mnemonic devices, so students will also be able to remember the words and their meanings longer.
- Plus…doodling in class makes learning instantly more fun and engaging!
Special Features of this Resource:
Besides the 7 different doodle vocabulary pages (provided in two formats for easy differentiation), you’ll also find these pages included in the resource:
- – There’s a blank doodle page for students to add more words, create study guides, or practice their learning.
- – Instead of a long unit test, there’s also 6 mini-quizzes. This makes it easy to assess students as they learn the words.
- – If you would prefer to assess students after learning all of the words, there’s a unit test, too!
More Social Studies Resources
- Ancient Civilizations Bundle filled with interactive projects – Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, Ancient India, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome
- Europeans Come to New York
Other Doodle and Do Resources…
- ELEMENTS of FICTION Doodle Vocabulary - Students learn 36 words associated with fiction and doodle along the way!
- Doodle and Do Reading Skills Bundle! - Making Inferences, Finding the Main Idea, Fact & Opinion, Sequencing, and Summarizing
- 5 Nonfiction Text Structure Mini-Units - Problem/Solution, Compare and Contrast, Descriptive, Chronological Order, and Cause and Effect
- How to Study for a Test Doodle Notes and 5 Learning Stations
- Writing Responses with Text-Based Evidence Doodle Notes and 5 Learning Stations
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
*** Click HERE to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
Brain Waves Instruction