By using these Geography Skills Activities, your students will learn the basic tools of geography and map skills including cardinal directions, map grids, measuring map scales, the parts of a map, and more!
Included in this resource:
Informational Text and Interactive Student Activities:
1. Key Terms and Definitions (students fill in the terms as they read and practice the skills)
2. The Parts of a Map
3. The Cardinal Directions
4. Think Like a Geographer (practice using a compass rose and the cardinal directions)
5. Using a Map Grid (information and student practice)
6. Measuring Scale (information and student practice)
7. Mega City (includes direction page and a Mega City map. Students use their knowledge of geography skills to build a city.)
Teacher Answer Keys
1. Key Terms and Definitions
2. The Cardinal Directions
3. Think Like a Geographer
4. Using a Map Grid
5. Measuring Scale
6. Mega City
1. Table of Contents
2. A Note for the Teacher
Take a peek by clicking on the preview above.
If you're interested in more engaging activities, check out my Latitude and Longitude Activities
Did you know The Teacher's Prep has a YOUTUBE CHANNEL? Check out this FREE video to supplement your lesson: Map Skills and Geography Video
Don't forget to click the "Follow Me" button next to my store name to keep up-to-date on new resources and sales!