Geography of the United States – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activities during the presentation as reinforcement of the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to the continents with brief description
• 8 of the US regions identified/mapped (Rocky Mountains, Coastal Range, Basin and Range, Great Plains, Coastal Plain, Appalachian Highlands, Interior Lowlands, and Canadian Shield
• Description slides for each of the regions
• Ocean and lake locations (Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, Lake Huron, Lake Superior, Lake Erie, Lake Michigan, and Lake Ontario)
• 7 major rivers of the US with descriptions (Mississippi, Missouri, Rio Grande, Columbia, St. Lawrence, Colorado, and Ohio)
The last two slides have white-backgrounds and are used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• The first interactive activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match all of the region locations with their space on the map (13 regions as smaller regions are identified as well).
• The second interactive activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match all of the waterway locations with their space on the map (15 total waterways).
SMARTBoard presentations require the use of Notebook Software. They are not compatible with Promethean Active Inspire software. There are free SMARTBoard viewers online, however. http://express.smarttech.com/# ? has proven to be a really good viewer.