This set of task cards contains twenty cards that focus on the CCSS GPE.5 and GPE.6 for High School Geometry. There are five different topics covered in the twenty cards. Each set is composed of four different problems. These questions model the questions asked on the PARCC exam.
• Set 1: Writing the Equations of Lines
• Set 2: Writing the Equations of Parallel Lines
• Set 3: Writing the Equations of Perpendicular Lines
• Set 4: Midpoint of a Line Segment
• Set 5: Partitioning a Line Segment
Several sheets of QR codes have been included. The number of the QR code card matches the task card number. When the teacher believes it is time for the student to check their solution the teacher can share the QR code.
You can differentiate the lesson by selecting which cards each student should complete.
Each student should receive a recording sheet where they will record the task card number and their solution to the problem on that card.
• You can set up five stations for students to visit. At each station students would find the four cards with questions on a particular concept. The teacher could decide how many of the four cards each student should complete.
• Give the students a limited amount of time to work at each station. Collect student recording sheet and assign grades based on how many questions a student answer correctly.
• Pair students to work together as partners to complete some of the task cards. Give one recording sheet to each pair of students. Each person takes turn writing the solutions to the problems.
• Form four groups of students in your class. Give each group one card from each set. Each group must prepare a presentation of the solutions for their four cards to the other groups.
This set of cards, with the QR codes, is identical to the “Geometric Properties Task Cards,” is also available in my store.