This is an easy-to-use lesson plan for primary school students learning about 3D shapes. It integrates ICT components through the form of a QR Code webquest which instantly engages students!
* Teacher notes & links to Australian Curriculum
* x1 handwriting worksheet for students to focus on the spelling of key terminology
* x3 3D shape worksheets (rectangular prism, triangular pyramid, cylinder) which each includes a QR code linking to interactive learning material for students to read through. Each worksheet then asks students to apply this knowledge by answering questions and drawing a net of the 3D shape.
Note: students will need to have access to a smart device with a QR Code reader app in order to scan the codes. I have provided URLs to each of the online learning resources also, for those who do not have access to such devices.
- To accurately draw the nets of 3D shapes
- To draw connections between 3D shapes and their real life counterparts
- To practice spelling of key terminology
- To utilise ICT to research and obtain information
If you can spare a minute, please rate and comment below! Also consider sharing this resource via my store link (https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kim-Maslin) with others.
I hope you and your students enjoy! :-)
Australian Curriculum Links
Year 5 Mathematics - Geometry & Measurement
Connect three-dimensional objects with their nets and other two-dimensional representations (ACMMG111)
ICT Capabilities - Level 4
Locate, generate and access data and information: locate, retrieve or generate information using search engines and simple search functions and classify information in meaningful ways