Geometry Basics: Points, Lines, Planes, Angles (Geometry Curriculum - Unit 1)
This bundle contains notes, homework assignments, two quizzes, dictionary, study guide and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Points, Lines, and Planes
• Segment Addition Postulate
• The Distance Formula
• The Midpoint Formula
• Naming and Classifying Angles
• Angle Addition Postulate
• Angle Relationships (Adjacent, Vertical, Complementary, Supplementary, Linear Pair)
• Solving for Missing Measures using Algebra
• Special Relationships: Perpendicular and Angle Bisectors
• Constructions (Perpendicular bisectors, perpendicular line through a point on the line, perpendicular line through a point not on the line, line parallel to a given line through a given point, angle bisector, congruent angles)
Please download the preview to see a sample outline along with a collage of some of the pages.
NEW: Assessments are now EDITABLE!
Now you can easily make multiple versions or customize to fit your needs! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit these files. There is a folder titled "Editable Assessments" when you download. This is where you will find editable versions of each quiz and the unit test. If your Equation Editor is incompatible with mine, simply delete my equation and insert your own.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
Geometry First Semester Notes Bundle
More Geometry Units:
Unit 2 – Logic and Proof
Unit 3 – Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
Unit 4 – Congruent Triangles
Unit 5 – Relationships in Triangles
Unit 6 – Similar Triangles
Unit 7 – Polygons and Quadrilaterals
Unit 8 – Right Triangles and Trigonometry
Unit 9 – Transformations
Unit 10 – Circles
Unit 11 – Volume and Surface Area
This purchase includes a license for one teacher only
for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable
, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.