These are under the sea themed second grade geometry centers that cover 2.GA.1 and 2.GA.2
There are a variety of math centers that can be used as task cards and whole group activities to reinforce these concepts with your kiddos. Finally, there is an end of unit assessment to test shapes, area, angles, sides and patterns.
- Matching Sides and Angles – Use pattern blocks to create shapes. Match the picture to the correct number of sides and angles. Draw a picture of each shape and record the number of sides and angles
- Splashin together some shapes – Use pattern blocks to create shapes. Draw a picture of your shape and record the number of sides and angles.
- Continue the Patterns – Help these crabs put their pattern blocks back in order! Record your answers and the patterns on the recording sheet!
- Creating Crazy Shapes – Create the shapes on the cards using your geoboard. Draw a picture of what your geoboard looks like when you are done.
- Help the Seahorses find their Tank – Use the square pattern blocks to see how many fit in each tank. Match the correct number of seahorses to the tank, then record your answers.
- Activities, Worksheets & Assessment – Find shapes in the school, learn more about area, angles and sides. Discover more about patterns. Then, an assessment on the entire unit.
Teaching about geometry? Check out my product for a unit plan and more resources here: Geometry Unit
If you like what you see, check out my second grade math center bundle as well: Second Grade Common Core Math Centers BUNDLE
Check out each set of centers separately below:
1. Place Value Centers
2. Two Digit Addition and Subtraction Centers
3. Measurement Centers
4. Geometry Centers
5. Fraction Centers
6. Money Centers
7. Multiplication/Array Centers