These full lessons include everything you need to help your students master geometry concepts. The activities included cover the Texas 4th grade math standards on geometric attributes (4.6A, B, C, D) along with Common Core 4.G.A.1, 2, & 3.
The skills addressed include:
• Identify key geometric vocabulary (points, lines, line segments, rays, angles, perpendicular, parallel & intersecting lines)
• Lines of symmetry on 2-dimensional figures
• Identify acute, right, and obtuse triangles
• Classify 2-dimensional figures based on types of lines or angles
• Identify & classify types of quadrilaterals (trapezoid, parallelogram, rhombus, rectangle, square)
Included in this pack:
• Student anchor chart on geometry vocabulary, with answer key
• Geometry vocabulary foldable (2 versions) with directions and example
• Geometry vocabulary menu board – 2 versions (technology & non-technology) with directions and materials
• 2-dimensional figures anchor chart (quadrilaterals and triangles) with answer key
• Lines of symmetry anchor chart, with answer key – 2 sheets per page
• 2-dimensional figures mini-file book, with directions and example
• 2-dimensional figures menu board – 2 versions (technology & non-technology) with directions and materials.
• Links to my instructional videos on YouTube that go along with all of the anchor charts
• Links to the Blendspaces I used in my classroom during math workshop.
You may also like:
4th Grade Texas Math Benchmark Assessment