This 52 page booklet contains 44 different unique shapes. This booklet is designed to challenge your students.
- Variations of Parallelograms, Triangles and circles are used in this booklet.
Some of advantages of using unique shapes:
- Deeper understanding of geometric formulas
- Helps develop problem solving skills of the students
- Opportunity to let students share their different strategies
- Great for Individual or Group work
- Can be used in stations
- Students enjoy the challenge
- You can use it as a weekly geometry assignment
- Nice activity to give class when you have a substitute
Extending the Lesson
- On some shapes you can have students find the perimeter
- You can find the percent of different colors in the different shapes
- You can use to help spark students ideas of their own unique shapes.
- Its a great lesson to use before beginning the Cereal Box Project (Guide found in the TPT store)