PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Geometry for first grade is so much fun! In this packet you will find games and activities that are made to help students have an understanding of shapes that goes well beyond being able to look at a shape and name it. I have included many activities that use several kinds of manipulatives, pattern blocks, tangrams, geoboards, plane shapes, and three dimensional blocks. You have everything you need to make teaching first grade Geometry fun!
Included are activities to teach 1.G.1 and 1.G.2:
* Student Friendly Learning Objectives
* Sample Lesson Plan
* Technology Links
* Identifying Open/closed shapes worksheet
* 2D/3D sort
*Geoboard taskcards and recording tool
* Build 2D and 3D shapes recording tool
* 3DShape Graphing
* Shape headings to use with manipulatives
* Venn Diagram to Compare Shapes
* My Shape Booklet
* Shape Bingo
* Shape Scavenger Hunt
* Shape Snack
* Making Shapes Workmats
* Roll and Cover Games
* Build/draw and write recording tools
* Composite Shapes class book
* Tangram Task Cards/ template
* 1.G.1 and 1.G.2 Assessment or practice test
* tangram and pattern blocks pieces templates
***UPDATED! I have added some pages to the end to include half and quarter circles.
My students LOVED learning about Geometry through these fun hands-on activities!
*You may also like*