This Geometry Game is a fun way to practice 2d shapes and polygons. Students have to use math vocabulary to describe quadrilaterals, polygons, triangles, and other geometry vocabulary.
The math game is similar to "Taboo" - students are required to describe the geometric term shown without using certain words. The game is not only fun, but it really forces students to use their math vocabulary and be creative at the same time!
- Here is a blog post about how I teach this unit!
- 2 Different Versions
- Version 1: Students can play in a group
- Version 2: You can play as a class and split them into two groups
- I have also included a blank copy that you can fill in with additional math vocabulary
Common Core Aligned: 3.G.A.1, 4.G.A.1, 4.G.A.2, 5.G.B.3
Here are some other resources:
- PowerPoint Lesson: 177 Slides broken into 6 different lessons
- 5th Grade Geometry Standards Interactive Notebook
- Classifying Polygons Worksheets
- Quadrilateral Discovery Activity: FREE!
- Triangle Task Cards: Print and Digital
- Quadrilateral and Triangle Hierarchy Reference Sheet
- Geometry Vocabulary Reference Sheet
- 2-Dimensional Figures Task Cards: Print and Digital
- Polygon Hierarchies Sort: Print and Digital
- Small Group Sort Cards
- Classifying Polygons Unit Test OR Study Guide
Do you want your students to Love ❤️ Learning Math?
⭐ Let's get to know each other! ⭐
- Grab these FREE 5th Grade Word Problem Task Cards and transform your upper elementary classroom with monthly tips to your email!
- Learn New Classroom Ideas on my Blog
- Follow Me on Instagram
- If you have any questions, please email me: email@example.com
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.