Geometry: Identify Equal Parts
As we venture ever onward on the quest to train the greatest Math Masters this world has yet known, happenstance - or destiny?
- leads us to a magical bridge betwixt the lands of Geometry and the fabled region of Fractions!
Er, sorry... sometimes we get caught up in the moment. Anyway, we all know students can find fractions a touch difficult to wrap their brains around, so this introduction to equal parts is designed to make the tricky transition from the concrete world of geometry to the somewhat more abstract world of fractions a total breeze!
We provide user-friendly definitions, and explain how to name partitioned figures by their number of equal parts. This handout boasts 23 engaging practice questions (plus a spiral review to keep their geometry skills fresh) to give your Math-Masters-In-Training a super-solid foundation.
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach the skill from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Prove What You Know: Test Prep
-Students can never be TOO ready for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests, so here they practice good test-taking strategies with multiple choice questions.
* Spiral Review
-Kids' brains are like sponges, but knowledge can leak back out if they don't re-soak, so to speak. This review dusts the cobwebs off of earlier units.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome!
Additional Handouts From This Series:
* Geometry: Solid Figures and Their Attributes pgs 1-4
* Geometry: Solid Figures and Their Attributes Extra Practice pgs 5-7
* Geometry: Faces, Edges, Vertices, and Bases pgs 8-10
* Geometry: Faces, Edges, Vertices, and Bases pgs Extra Practice pgs 11-13
* Geometry: Points, Lines, and Line Segments pgs 14-16
* Geometry: Acute, Right, and Obtuse Angles pgs 17-19
* Geometry: Plane Figures and Polygons pgs 20-22
* Geometry: Plane Figures and Polygons Extra Practice pgs 23-25
* Geometry: Quadrilaterals pgs 26-28
* Geometry: Quadrilaterals Extra Practice pgs 29-31
* Geometry: Quadrilaterals Share Attributes pgs 32-34
* Geometry: Identify Equal Parts pgs 35-37
* Geometry: Partition Shapes Into Equal Parts pgs 38-40
If you're looking for more handouts, check out some of our other math series:
* Place Value with Addition and Subtraction within 1,000
* Basic Addition and Subtraction
* Multiplication and Division
* Area and Perimeter
* Measurement and Data
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits
to follow 88Brains!
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.