Happy back to school!
The following thirty-three page power point covers the relationships between parallel and perpendicular lines serving students as the initial lesson over the unit covering Parallel Lines and Perpendicular Lines.
* The lesson begins with the basic definitions for Parallel Lines and Parallel Planes, followed by a clear description of Skew Lines.
* Students then proceed to identify related relationships in space
* Next, the Parallel Postulate is introduced and illustrated.
* The Perpendicular Postulate naturally follows.
* Dramatically coming in behind the two postulates is the TRANSVERSAL
* Students learn the angle relationships that are created by a transversal, including corresponding angles, alternate exterior angles, alternate interior angles, and consecutive interior angles
* Included in the lesson is a real-life application to the introduced concepts, with Phillip Petite walking a tightrope.
* GUIDED NOTES are included to encourage active participation among students as the lesson is presented. Additionally, the notes provide a handy resource to students that they can use in doing homework assignments and in preparing for quizzes, tests, and final exams.
* Also, a "follow-up assessment" of 7 questions is provided to easily assess student understanding and comprehension; answers are provided for teacher/student immediate feedback and convenience.
* The power point lesson is aligned with CC Standards.
* Please enjoy!
Thank you kindly!!!