I am so excited to offer the following lab over Fibonacci and the Fibonacci Sequence as it relates to the Golden Ratio!
* Students are fascinated by what they learn from this very cool activity!
* The lab begins with an introduction to the mathematician known as Fibonacci (the traveler).
* The Fibonacci Sequence is explained to the student.
* Key terms are discussed to make the lesson more clear to the student
* Students are given a sheet of grid paper (provided in the lab) and instructed to cut a rectangle of specific dimensions.
* Students follow similar steps in the lab until they cannot proceed further.
* Students record their calculations in a Data Chart provided in the lab.
* Students answer two analysis questions, drawing conclusions from their work in the lab.
* Answers to analysis questions are provided.
* This is an enjoyable and extremely interesting lab for both the teacher and the students, while at the same time, there is very little preparation needed ahead of the lab presentation.
* Please enjoy!
* LOVE TO TEACH!