It is with the utmost enthusiasm that I share my power point over Arcs and Chords!
* Students begin the lesson by defining key terms used in working with arcs and chords on circles.
* Students learn the proper way to name a minor arc.
* Students learn the proper way to name semi-circles and major arcs.
* Students learn how to determine the measure of minor arcs.
* Students learn how to determine the measure of major arcs.
* Students learn the Arc Addition Postulate
* Students learn and use four Theorems that provide information to determine the measure of arcs and chords within a circle.
* A short 10 question follow up assessment is included to determine student understanding and provide immediate feedback to students and teacher.
* A set of guided notes is provided to encourage active participation among students while the lesson is presented; additionally, the notes are useful to students in preparing for homework assignments, quizzes, tests, and final exams.
* This lesson is aligned with CCStandards
* I am confident that students will find the lesson pleasant in delivery as well as manageable; teachers should find the lesson practical and easily adaptable to their curriculum.
LOVE TO TEACH!!!