Students seem to totally enjoy this lesson on Inscribed Angles!
* The lesson begins with a quick review of key terms used in the lesson
* Next, students learn about the relationship between an inscribed angle and its intercepted arc
* Students express the relationship in their own words during the lesson and illustrate
* Students learn about the relationship between two different inscribed angles that intercept the same arc and use this relationship to determine measures of various arcs and angles on a circle.
* Students learn about the relationship between the hypotenuse of an inscribed triangle and the angle opposite the hypotenuse of the inscribed triangle when the hypotenuse is also the diameter of the circle.
* Students learn about the relationship between opposite angles in a quadrilateral inscribed in a circle..
* Students learn to use the correct terminology when referring to polygons inscribed in a circle
* Students learn to use the correct terminology when referring to the circle about a polygon.
* Ample opportunity is provided in examples and problems for students to apply their newly learned concepts.
* Answers are provided for all problems and examples
* A short "follow-up assessment" is included to provide immediate students with immediate feed back as to their understanding of the material presented.
* Also included in the lesson is a set of GUIDED NOTES to encourage active participation among students during the lesson presentation; the notes are also a great resource for students to use in preparation for homework assignments, quizzes, tests, and final exam.
* This lesson is aligned with CCStandards
* I am confident that students will find the lesson enjoyable as well as manageable, while instructors should find the lesson practical and easily adaptable to their own curriculum.
* Please enjoy!
Thank you, kindly!