I am thrilled to be able to share this power point over Segment Lengths in Circles!
* Here, students learn how to find the lengths of the segments of two chords that intersect in the interior of a circle.
* Students learn how to determine the length of unknown segments when two secants share the same endpoint on the exterior of a circle.
* Students draw a circle with a secant and a tangent and label the corresponding segments; external secant segment, secant segment, and tangent segment.
* Students learn to calculate the length of unknown segments when a secant segment and a tangent segment share an end point outside a circle.
* Students explain in their own words how to estimate the diameter of a Cauldron Torch (or any other cylindrical structure) by using a tangent and a secant through the center of the structure.
* Included in the lesson is a 5 question "follow up assessment" to help students and instructors determine lesson comprehension.
* Also included is a set of Guided Notes to encourage active participation by students during the delivery of the lesson. The notes are benefit students when preparing for homework assignments, quizzes, tests, and final exams.
* I am confident that students will enjoy learning the material contained in this lesson, and instructors should find it practical and easily adapted to their curriculum.
* This lesson is aligned with CCStandards
* Please enjoy!
LOVE TO TEACH!!!