The following lesson covers instruction over Surface Area and Spheres.
* Students learn the formal definition for "sphere"
* Students name and locate the parts of a sphere and identify the corresponding locations of these parts
* Students learn the formula for the Surface Area of a sphere
* Students learn about the Great Circle and Hemispheres of the Great Circle
* Students learn the formula used to calculate Volume of a sphere.
* Students consider reasoning behind square units used for surface area and cubic units used for volume.
* Students apply this newly learned information to a real-life situation where they calculate the amount of air-volume contained in a quart of ice-cream.
* This lesson is aligned with CC Standards
* A follow up assessment is included to determine student understanding of the lesson and to provide immediate feed back to both the student and the teacher.
* A set of guided notes is included with the lesson to encourage active participation from the student as the lesson is presented. Additionally, the notes serve as a resource to the students in preparing for homework assignments, quizzes, tests, and final exams.
* I believe students will find the material manageable and enjoyable, while instructors should find the material practical and easily adaptable to their own particular curriculum.
LOVE TO TEACH!!!