Give your students an edge up on problem solving! Twenty math journal prompts aligned to Common Core 3.G are included in this packet. Copy and cut apart prompts to glue in math journals to give students daily problem solving practice. Answer key, teacher display pages, and student scale included.
Attributes of shapes
Types of Quadrilaterals
Types of Rectangles
Partitioning shapes in equal parts
Expressing parts of a shape as a fraction
Use Journal Prompts to:
• Increase problem solving abilities
• Increase math standardized test scores
• Help students to write to explain their thinking
• Model problem solving strategies
• Introduce daily math lessons
• Assess student thinking before or after concepts are taught
• Address misconceptions
How to Use Journal Prompts:
• Print the student and teacher pages aligned to the standards you want to teach.
• Cut apart and ask students to glue the prompt into math journals or notebooks.
• Allow students to solve the prompt by creating a model, equation, and written explanation.
• Pick students to share solutions and strategies used to solve the warm up.
• Highlight effective strategies used to solve the warm up.
• Redirect misconceptions and allow students to correct or add to their warm up explanation.
Try one week of Multiplication Journal Prompts for FREE!
FREE Problem Solving Journal Prompts: 3.OA
Check out more CCSS aligned 3rd grade Journal Prompts!
Problem Solving Journal Prompts: Measurement and Data
Problem Solving Journal Prompts: Fractions 3.NF
FREE Problem Solving Journal Prompts: 3.NBT
Problem Solving Journal Prompts: Multiplication and Division 3.OA
Save by $6 by purchasing the BUNDLE which includes all CCSS!
Problem Solving Journal Prompts BUNDLE