Also included in
- Assess your student's readiness for your math class and even see how prepared they are for the next class with this bundle that includes the Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 and Precalculus packets. Includes a FREE BONUS: Graphing Linear Equations in Slope-Intercept Form Color by Code Activity.Check o$17.00$26.00Save $9.00
- Assess your student's readiness for your math class and even see how prepared they are for the next class with this bundle that includes the Algebra 1 (both Part 1 and Part 2 packets) and Geometry packet. You also get the Solving Multi-Step Equations Task Cards as a FREE BONUS for buying this bundle$9.50$14.50Save $5.00
- Assess your student's readiness for your math class and even see how prepared they are for the next class with this bundle that includes the Algebra 1 (both Part 1 and Part 2 packets), Geometry and Algebra 2 packets. You also get the Evaluating Algebraic Expressions Color by Code Activity as a FREE$13.00$19.50Save $6.50
- Assess your students' readiness by using this math packets as summer or back to school assignments. If you are an administrator or department chair, you can give this resource to the respective math teacher in your department to use with their students. (One license for one teacher per subject; addi$21.00$31.50Save $10.50
- Now more than ever teachers need to assess the prerequisite skills students have as they enter our classrooms, whether face-to-face or virtual. That's the only way we can figure out how we can remediate any loss of learning. Assess your student's readiness for your math class and see how prepared t$13.00$19.50Save $6.50
- The Geometry Readiness Packet is ideal to find out what mathematical skills your students remember and what concepts they are in need of remediation, especially now that school closures interrupted learning. It can be used face-to-face or virtually, making it great for distance learning. If you have$10.00$13.00Save $3.00
Use this Geometry Readiness Summer Packet as a summer review packet to assess the prerequisite skills your students have when they set foot into your classroom. It will easily gauge your students understanding of prerequisite skills before you cover new content.
You can assign this geometry readiness packet to be completed over the summer or during the first week of school.
This unit also includes two activities to encourage parental involvement as well as a certificate to motivate and encourage students to put effort into their math class.
- 40 math problems on (Check out the preview file):
- combining like terms
- solving linear equations
- finding slope
- plotting points on a coordinate plane
- names of polygons given the number of sides
- Geometry Readiness Summer Packet Answers
- Math in the Real World: Interview Activity
- Family Math Tree
- I’m Off to a GREAT Start Certificate
- 10 question NO PREP, EASY TO GRADE quiz to assess your students and make sure they actually did their own work!
After completing this lesson, students will be able to:
- Interpret the structure of expressions
- Understand solving equations as a process of reasoning and explain the reasoning
- Solve linear equations in one variable
- Reason about relationships among shapes to determine perimeter, area, circumference and volume
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Attend to precision
1. You can use this as a summer packet for your students to complete by the first day of school. You can collect the packets or simply have the students switch papers and check their answers.
2. My preference is to give these students this packet on the first day (or within the first week) of school and make it due in five days. That way, students can review the prerequisite skills needed for Geometry. Some schools undergo a lot of schedule changes during the first week of school so reviewing these skills is not a waste of the student’s time or yours. The Interview assignment and Family Math Tree are interesting ways to get the students to talk about mathematics within their home. You can also log it down as two ways you promote parental involvement in your math class. If you have an empty bulletin board, you can display the students’ family trees in time for Back to School Night (Open House). Use the Geometry Readiness Summer Packet quiz as an easy to grade first week of school grade.
Purchase the bundle to $AVE or purchase separately for the class you teach:
Teaching geometry? Purchase the Geometry Bundle: Activities, Projects, Worksheets, and more! and SAVE!
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. Multiple licenses can be purchased at a discounted price.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives. Leave feedback to earn credits for future purchases.