Follow along with Jacob and his family on their summer road trip! Along the way, they encounter many situations that require the use of geometry skills.
This project is a great follow-up to many 2nd semester topics of geometry, including:
1) Volume: Cones, pyramids, and cylinders
2) Circles: Central arcs, inscribed angles, and segment lengths
3) Trig Ratios: Angles of elevation and depression
4) Similarity: Similar triangles and proportional parts
5) Quadrilaterals: Properties of parallelograms and coordinate proof
This project can be used as an end-of-the year review, or you can piece it apart and use the individual topics as mini-projects/tasks to end a unit of study.