This package includes everything you need to teach Geometry (aligned to the Ontario FDK/kindergarten curriculum).
When you purchase this product, you will be downloading a file including the cover page, teacher pages and a link, with instructions, to a Google Drive folder containing all the other files for this unit.
Lessons are created on Google Slides (accessible with a free Google Drive account) which can be downloaded to a Powerpoint version if you prefer. All supporting handouts are PDF.
This package includes:
- 7-page teacher guide including suggestions on using 3-part lessons, educator roles, centres and journals.
- Expectations are provided in chart form for easy reference and assessment.
- 5 three-part math lessons, each designed to last a full week!
- All required blackline masters (Bingo, sorting cards, etc…)
- Outdoor inquiry ideas
Links to websites that can provide additional practice
Lessons included are:
- Describing Position and Location
- ID, Describe and Sort 2D Shapes
- Creating 2D Shapes
- ID, Describe and Compare 3D Shapes
- Sort and Build 3D Shapes
Each lesson includes:
- Learning Goal and Success Criteria
- A Minds On activity for each day of the week
- 2 or 3 ‘action’ activities - at least one for an independent centre activity and one group task
- Two guided group mini-lessons
- Formative assessment
- Outdoor inquiry activity(ies)
Check out the other FDK math units:
Introduction to Math - Teaching Essential Skills
Data Management and Probability Unit
Click here for other kindergarten products:
Long Range Plans - FDK
Picture Schedule Cards
Learning Stories and Documentation
FDK Expectations at a Glance
Teach Early Writing Package
Number Recognition Game