This file contains 10 Scavenger Hunts about finding the volume of prisms, cylinders, pyramids, cones, and spheres. Each file also includes 2 unique exit ticket printables over the same topic as the scavenger hunt
The topics in the individual scavenger hunts are shown below:
1) Volume of Rectangular Prisms
2) Volume of Prisms No cylinders
3) Volume of Cylinders
4) Volume of Prisms Including Cylinders
5) Volume of Pyramids and Cones
6) Volume of Spheres
7) Volume of Solids Review Easier Problems
8) Volume of Prisms Review- Harder Problems
9) Volume of Solids- Application Problems
10) Volume of combined Shapes
Each Scavenger Hunt file includes:
-2 different types of Student Worksheets
-10-12 Scavenger Hunt sheets to print and hang around your room
-2 different exit ticket printables to use at the end of the lesson
What is this thing anyway? A scavenger hunt is a more engaging and mobile alternative to just giving the students a worksheet.
To use the scavenger hunt:
1) The slides are currently in order so that the question on the bottom half of each slide is answered on the top half of the next slide.
2) Print out all the slides and post them up randomly around the room or in the hall
3) The 1st slide is your key so don't post that one :)
4) Students start at any sheet and answer the question at the bottom. Their answer will be the number at the top of a _different_ sheet. That sheet is the next one they will solve. This continues until they are back at where they started.
5) Have students write down what the picture is for each question, as they go, so that they can quickly tell you the order when they're done (or when they think they're lost), so you can check it against your answer key.
Each different scavenger hunt has a different theme ranging from insects to jobs to cars and more!
If you have any questions/comments/complaints then please let me know! I'm currently teaching middle school Algebra, so I'm doing this in my free time (what little of it there is, heh). :)