This workbook is a complete self-learning companion for your students to learn Geometry and Symmetry . Designed by teachers with over 20 years of experience, this workbook is a very detailed journey into understanding each and every concept, following a 'knowledge map' approach.
The workbook contains the following topics:
• Point, Line and Line Segment
• Understanding Angles (Acute, Obtuse and Reflex)
• Concept of a Circle
• Introduction to solid or 3D figures
• Introduction to Symmetry
PlanetSpark uses the following techniques to encourage self-directed learning amongst children:
1) Guided Practice: The child is guided through mental models necessary for understanding the structure of a problem. This helps in long term retention of the concept.
2) Spaced Repetition: The concept is repeated at different intervals and through different formats to help in retention.
3) Active Reasoning: The child is presented with contextual clues or thinking points while understanding a problem to keep the mind actively involved in solution of the problem.
4) Visualization: Concepts are presented visually to aid better understanding and retention.
Each of the topic is covered very comprehensively, starting with theoretical concepts, followed by problems in 4 levels: Easy, Normal, Super and Olympiad.
Easy Level: Tests basic knowledge of facts and definitions. It also tests prior knowledge needed to take up the chapter.
Normal Level: Deep dives into detailed guided practice using a sequential 'knowledge map' sequence
Super Level: Independent application of concepts learnt through guided practice
Olympiad Level: Higher order application and application of multiple concepts
Each chapter ends with a 'Share Phase' where the students can share their learning and revise the concepts that they have learnt.