This 10 page interactive adapted book helps students learn about George Washington through WH questions. Each passage includes 1-2 sentences of informational text and a corresponding WH question to check reading comprehension. Students choose the correct answer from a field of 3 cards with both words and a visual cue. This is a perfect Presidents' Day activity for your special education classroom!
Example passages and WH questions:
• George Washington married a woman named Martha. The President's wife is called the 'First Lady.' [What is the President's wife called?]
• After the war, George Washington became the first President of the United States. He served the country for 8 years. [How many years was George Washington President?]
This is not a comprehensive review of George Washington's life but rather a few key pieces are highlighted for a special education class. The text is very basic so students can focus on the important pieces. Please check out the preview - it contains the entire book so you can determine whether it is appropriate for your students.
Includes four differentiated worksheets to add an optional writing component.
1) Circle the picture
2) Circle the word
3) Answer the question
4) Trace the answer
Includes directions for creating the book, set up, instruction and modifications. While designed for students with autism in mind, this book can be used in any special education or early childhood classroom.
This book is part of my Presidents BUNDLE
- get all of the Presidents themed adapted books with WH questions in my store at a 20% discount!
Bundle also includes:
• Abraham Lincoln
• Barack Obama
Other February resources you will love
• Valentine's Day File Folders
• Basic Concepts Task Cards
• Daily Fine Motor Practice - Valentine's Day
Thanks for stopping by!