George Washington Carver - Historical Figures, Inventors, & Famous Americans
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you struggling to find age-appropriate materials to teach your students about famous American historical figures? If so, this Historical Figures Bundle with NO PREP print and digital activities is perfect for introducing your young students to many famous Americans such as Benjamin Franklin, ThoPrice $28.00Original Price $40.00Save $12.00
- Teaching our students about famous African Americans that helped to shape the world they lived in is an integral part of social studies instruction. This Black History Month Bundle with NO PREP print and digital activities is perfect for introducing your young students to famous African Americans suPrice $15.00Original Price $20.00Save $5.00
Teaching our students about historical figures and inventors that helped to shape the world they live in is an important part of social studies instruction. Our young students love learning about famous inventors that created items they use everyday. George Washington Carver is one of these historical figures and inventors. This resource gives you an age appropriate way to teach about historical figures and George Washington Carver in your primary classroom.
This George Washington Carver resource will help you teach your kindergarten, first and second grade students about the famous inventor. Starting with the instructional PowerPoint, students will learn all about George Washington Carver, including his life and accomplishments. Extend learning with the included informational little book in two levels, crafty fact activities, graphic organizers, timelines, an assessment, and other activities making this resource perfect for Black History Month activities. This resource includes both printable and digital activities designed to engage your students whether in person or virtual. The digital Google Slides activities are easy to share with your students via Google Classroom or a share link. This NO PREP print and digital George Washington Carver Activities pack provides you with everything you need to teach the basics about the life and contributions of George Washington Carver. Plus, with printable and digital options you can complete these George Washington Carver activities in any way that suits the needs of your students!
⭐ This product is part of a bundle. Save money by purchasing the bundle here: Historical Figures Bundle⭐
These George Washington Carver Activities include:
- One Zip File containing three versions to choose from
- One PDF for each version containing all of the print resources AND the LINK to the Digital Google Slides
- Reference Posters or Anchor Charts (choice of two) to use alongside the George Washington Carver activities
- Historical figures instructional PowerPoint presentation
- Informational Little Book Reader (2 levels of difficulty)
- Crown of Facts activity
- Bag of Facts activity
- Graphic organizers for recording facts about the life of George Washington Carver
- Flip Facts for an Interactive Historical Figures Journal
- Giant timeline
- Biography Project Timeline Worksheets (two options)
- Long Ago & Today graphic organizer
- Then and Now Sorting worksheet
- Positive Character Traits recording sheet
- Lined paper for informational writing and illustrating (CCSSW1.2)
- Clip art for students to color and add to their writing that makes a great final touch to the historical figures research
- A ten question assessment
- Answer Key
Teaching students about this important historical figure and inventor will be a breeze! Students will be engaged with both digital and printable George Washington Carver activities, and you can rest easy knowing that you provided them with historical figure research activities that meet social studies standards!
These George Washington Carver Activities cover the following Georgia standards:
⭐Here's what teachers are saying about this bundle:
- “Thank you for putting this unit together so that we were able to have this information for my students to write about.”
- “Thank you so much. This is an awesome resource.”
- “Love this one, too! So excited to use this when we start our biographies! Great job on your creation! Thanks for sharing it with us!”
- “Awesome! As a new first grade teacher (previous HS/MS) we are studying Mr. Carver and this is going to be so useful!!! Thanks for all your hard work.”
More Fun Historical Figures resources:
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Please leave feedback and earn TPT credits. Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide feedback! Your feedback will help other buyers and will help me with future products.
❤️Perks of being a TpT store “Follower”
I love my followers! All new resources are offered at a deeply discounted price when first added to Fun Times in First. By following Fun Times in First, you will receive a notification when new resources are added. *Simply click here to follow.* Thanks a bunch for your support!
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright ©Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.